Holly received an honorable mention from The Writer’s Digest for her short story, THREE. She’s working on a novel about an American expat living in London. She teaches drama and creative play to pre-school children and she is also raising three of her own dramatic children, a husband, and a dog. Holly graduated from The American University and she is a member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA) and The Women’s Fiction Writers Association.
Holly’s kids draw pictures of her depicting her forehead wrinkles. It goes without saying that she writes a lot about getting old and parenting.
She also loves to write about her interfaith marriage and raising a Jewish family even though she’s Italian-Catholic.
Holly keeps a Facebook page going for her missing dog, Quigley, in hopes that he will someday find his way back to her. A dog lover, she advocates for microchip scanning and other missing dogs on this page.
Top 10 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me:
- My secret talent: I’m an improv rapper/song lyric changer
- I slept with a stuffed rabbit, “Hunny Bunny” until I was thirty-one years old and then my dog ate her.
- Motherhood totally freaked me out more than I could’ve ever imagined but it also brought more love to my life than I could’ve ever imagined.
- I love chocolate more than wine.
- I believe that the ‘90’s rule.
- My husband is my soul mate.
- I’m an expert “castle” cake maker.
- I do my most productive work at 5:00am.
- I live to be ‘wet-nosed’ by my Jack Russell Terrier.
- I don’t really believe forty is the new thirty
(even though I want to).
Our beloved Quigley
September 15, 2015