Holly received an honorable mention from The Writer’s Digest for her short story, THREE. She’s working on a novel about an American expat living in London. She teaches drama and creative play to pre-school children and she is also raising three of her own dramatic children, a husband, and a dog. Holly graduated from The American University and she is a member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA).
Holly’s kids draw pictures of her depicting her forehead wrinkles. It goes without saying that she writes a lot about getting old and parenting.
She also loves to write about her interfaith marriage and raising a Jewish family even though she’s Italian-Catholic.
Holly keeps a Facebook page going for her missing dog, Quigley, in hopes that he will someday find his way back to her. A dog lover, she advocates for microchip scanning and other missing dogs on this page.
Top 10 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me:
- My secret talent: I’m an improv rapper/song lyric changer
- I slept with a stuffed rabbit, “Hunny Bunny” until I was thirty-one years old and then my dog ate her.
- Motherhood totally freaked me out more than I could’ve ever imagined but it also brought more love to my life than I could’ve ever imagined.
- I love chocolate more than wine.
- I believe that the ‘90’s rule.
- My husband is my soul mate.
- I’m an expert “castle” cake maker.
- I do my most productive work at 5:00am.
- I live to be ‘wet-nosed’ by my Jack Russell Terrier.
- I don’t really believe forty is the new thirty
(even though I want to).
Our beloved Quigley
September 15, 2015